New York City, New York is the starting city in Midnight Club: Street Racing. The playable map features most of the Manhattan Island, and includes real-life landmarks situated in the city such as The Empire State Building, Times Square, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Twin Towers and the Flatiron Building. Emilio Sanchez, Larry Muller, Keiko Hatano, and Kareem Windross are the street racers in the game who reside here.
- The original World Trade Center can be seen. It shows the original twin towers because the game was released prior to the 9/11 attacks.
- In Need For Speed Underground artwork, A building that resembles Empire State Building can be seen behind the World Trade Center look-alike one but theres one tower rather than twin towers.
- The Manhattan Island also appears in several Grand Theft Auto games (as Algonquin in GTA IV and GTA:CW and Staunton Island in GTA III, GTA Advance and GTA:LCS).
- The Manhattan Island in Midnight Club: Street Racing has only 2 bridges and the player can not drive on them due to the fact that its inaccessible.
- It is the first & only game that Rockstar had created to include the World Trade Center. If 9/11 did not happen, it is possible that several games that is set in New York City such as GTA III, GTA:LCS & GTA IV would have the World Trade Center.